Bài tập sự hòa hợp giữa những thì trong tiếng Anh là một dạng bài khó, yêu cầu thí sinh phải nắm vững rất nhiều kiến thức và kỹ năng tiếng Anh tổng hợp.
Hy vọng qua tài liệu này những em có thêm nhiều tài liệu tìm hiểu thêm, củng cố kiến thức và kỹ năng để đạt được kết quả cao trong những bài kiểm tra, bài thi THPT vương quốc. Vậy tiếp về sau là nội dung chi tiết, mời những bạn cùng theo dõi trong bài viết dưới đây.
Bài tập sự hòa hợp giữa những thì trong tiếng Anh
- Lý thuyết sự hòa hợp giữa những thì
- Bài tập sự hòa hợp giữa những thì
Lý thuyết sự hòa hợp giữa những thì
1. Sự phối hợp của động từ trong mệnh đề chính (main clause) và mệnh đề phụ (subordinate clause)
1. Simple present
– Simple present
– Present perfect
– Present continuous
– Simple future/ Near future
– Simple past (có thời gian xác định ở quá khứ)
2. Simple past
– Simple past
– Past perfect
– Past continuous
– Would/ was / were+ going to + V bare infi.
– Simple present (diễn tả một chân lý)
3. Present perfect
– Simple present
4. Past perfect
– Simple past
Eg: 1. People have said that Lon Lon has fog
2. Mary said that she was cooking them
3. He says he was born in 1980
4. Tom says he will visit me again.
2. Sự phối hợp của những động từ trong mệnh đề chính và mệnh đề trạng ngữ chỉ thời gian (adverbial clause of time):
|Main clause||Adverbial clause of time|
|1. Present tenses||– Present tenses|
|2. Past tenses||– Past tenses|
|3. Future tenses||– Present tenses|
Eg: 1. You will go Trang chủ as soon as you have finished your exercises.
2. WhenI came there, it was raining hard.
3. I often drinkcoffee while I am watching TV.
4. Please waithere until I come back.
5. He never goesTrang chủ before he has finished his work.
6.It was raininghard when I got there.
7. I had just come whenyou called.
* Mệnh đề trạng ngữ chỉ thời gian thường bắt đầu với những từ nối sau:
– When / as: Khi – as soon as: Ngay sau khi – as long a: chứng nào – just as: ngay lúc
– Until/ till: cho tới khi – since: kể từ khi – while: trong những lúc – whenever: bất kể khi nào
– before: trước khi – after: sau khi – no sooner …. than: ngay lúc – hardly … when: khó… khi
– By the time: vào lúc ……………
– Không được dùng thì tương lai (Future tense) trong những mệnh đề trạng ngữ chỉ thời gian (rất có thể thay bằng thì hiện tại)
Eg: If it rains tomorrow, we’ll stay at Trang chủ.
– Trong trường hợp dùng từ nối “SINCE” để ý:
S +V ( present perfect/ present perfect cont.) + Since + S + Ved.
Eg: You have been studying English since you came here.
Bài tập sự hòa hợp giữa những thì
Exercise 1: Choose the most correct answer:
1. He said that he ____ a lot of money on advertising to expand his business.
B. has spent
D. had spent
2. The train _____ when we got to the station.
A. just left
B. just leaves
C. had just left
D. will leave
3. Tom told me he _____ call me at the airport when I ______.
A. would/ arrived
B. will/ arrive
C. will have/ arriving
D. would be/ arriving
4. At this time tomorrow, we ____ our final exam.
A. will have taking
B. will be taking
C. will be taken
D. would take
5, -____ before? – Yes, I ____ my holidays here last year.
A. have you ever been / spent
B. have you ever been / spend
C. Did you ever be / spending
D. were you ever / spend
6. ______ I was working in the garden, John was repairing the washing machine.
A. as soon as
B. because of
7. Peter said he _____ a test the following day.
A. had had
B. will have
C. has had
D. would have
8. After she _____ at the hospital for 2 years, she_____ to give up the job yesterday.
A. had been working/ decides
B. had been working/ decided
C. working / had decided
D. is working/ will decide
9. Tom _____ before we arrive there.
A. has left
B. had left
C. will leave
10. In 1970, the Canadian scientist George Kelly ______ that warm water _____ more quickly than cold water.
B. proves / breezed
C. proving / freezing
11. After we _____ our work, we ____ for lunch.
A. having finish/ went
B. have finished/ went
C. had finished/went
D. having finish/ going
12. After _____ Tom was apprenticed to learn a trade.
13. They were in a hurry because they thought that the class _____.
A. have already begun
B. have already begun
C. was begun
D. will begin
14. – Why have they demolished that old building? – They ____ a new supermarket there.
A. had built
B. were building
C. are going to build
D. would be built
15. When I’m learning English, sometimes I ____ the accent.
A. will be confused about
B. was confused about
C. had be confused about
D. am confused about
16. After he _____ his English course, he went to England to continue his study.
A. will finish
B. has finished
C. had finished
D. will have finished
16. They ____ a lot of preparation before the match started.
A. has made
B. had made
C. will be made
D. are making
17. I____ in the US for one year, but I still find it difficult to communicate with the American.
C. have been
D. had been
18. American women may ____ conversations with men or even ___ them to dance.
A. to start/ to ask
B. start/ ask
C. starting / asking
D. started/ asked
19. After ______ the doctor found that he ____ his arm.
A. to examine/ breaks
B. to examine/ broke
C. examining/ broken
D. examining/had broken
20. As soon as she arrived in London, she found that the English people spoke English differently from what she _____.
A. will learn
B. is learning
C. has been learning
D. had learnt
21. How____ since we____ school?
A. are you/ left
B. will you be / left
C. have you been/ had left
D. have you been/ left
22. Before cars_______ , people ____ horses and bicycles.
A. were discovered/ had used
B. discovering/ use
C. is discovered/ using
D. have been discovered / have been using
23. Don’t go anywhere until I _____ back.
B. will come
C. have come
24. I _____ the book by the time you come tonight.
A. will be finishing
C. have finishing
D. will have finished
25. Who ______ when I came ?
A. were you talking to
B. are you talking to
C. you were talking to
D. you are talking to
26, Please send us a postcard as soon as you _______in London.
A. will arrive
B. is going to arrive
27. I will give you this book ______ I met you tomorrow.
28. Jane _____ her house all the morning before the guest arrived.
A. is cleaning
B. was cleaning
C. has been cleaning
D. had been cleaning
29. We ______ for going Trang chủ when it began to rain.
A. are preparing
B. were preparing
C. will be preparing
D. have prepared
30. Tom said everything ______ ready when the match ______.
A. will be/ starts
B. would be/ started
C. is / started
D. will be/ started
31. I _____ in the waiting room when I heard someone_____ me.
A. am sitting/ to call
B. was sitting/ call
C. am sitting/ called
D. have sat / called
32. At 10 o’clock tomorrow morning, we_____ our final test.
A. will take
B. will be taking
C. has been taking
D. would be taking
33. Our grandfather____ as an engineer for 30 years be fore he retired in 1980.
A. worked B. was working
C. has been working
D. had been working
34. Up to now, the pollution problems yet.
A. haven’t solved
B. are not solving
C. hadn’t solved
D. will not have solved
35. Miss Hoa always takes her umbrella when she _____ to school.
A. has gone
C. is going
D. will go
36. Never talk to the driver while he ______.
A. will be driving
B. will drive
D. is driving
37. I’ll tell you it is good or not after I ____it.
B. am trying
C. have tried
D. will try
38. I’ll marry her as soon as she _____ all her problems.
B. has solved
C. had solved
39, I’ll wait until you ____crying.
A. have stopped
B. will stop
40. I bought Romano whenever I ____ Maximart.
A. had gone
B. has gone
D. would go
41. My son was sleeping when I ______ Trang chủ.
B. has gone
C. had gone
D. would go
42. I was compiling this book while my son ____.
B. would sleep
C. had slept
D. was sleeping
43. Lan has learnt English since she ____ a small girl.
A. has been
B. had been
D. would be
44. She won’t get married until she _____ 25 years old.
B. will be
C. had been
45. After ______ , he went to bed.
A. had done his homework
B. have done his homework
C. being done his homework
D. doing his homework
46. Yesterday when I _____ at the station, the train _______ for 15 minutes.
A. arrived/ had left
B. arrives/ has left
C. arrived/ left
D. had arrived/ left
47. When we _____ there _____ people ______ calmly.
A. got/ are waiting
B. got/ were waiting
C. got/ waited
D. get/ wait
48. While I ____ in the street, I saw my old friend.
A. was walking
B. am walking
49. What do you think the children _____ when we get Trang chủ?
A. would do
C. were doing
D. are doing
50. I’ll read the book when I _____ time.
C. will have
D. would have
51. The house was quiet when I _____ Trang chủ. Everyone _____ to bed.
A. got/ went
B. got/ had gone
C. had got / went
D. was getting/ was going
52. I ______ her since I _____ a student.
A. know/ am
B. knew/ was
C. have known/ am
D. have known/ was
53. While I was going to school yesterday, I ____ him.
C. will meet
D. am meeting
54. Alice _____ for Washington as soon as she had finished her exam.
A. will leave
B. would leave
55. He died after he ______ ill for a long time.
B. had been
C. has been
56. I _______ Trang chủ until I finish my lesson.
A. haven’t come
B. don’t come
C. didn’t come
D. won’t come
57. The manager ______ the store before I arrived.
B. had closed
C. has closed
D. was closing
58. When the alarm rang, Hai ______ out of bed quickly.
A. was jumping
B. has jumped
C. had jumped
59. When we see Mr. Minh tomorrow, I ____ him of that.
A. will remind
C. have reminded
Exercise 2: Find ONE mistake in each of the following sentences:
1. (A)Last year, my son (B)was lost (C)among the crowd when we (D)have gone shopping.
2. The problem (A)has turned out (B)to be more serious (C)than we (D)will have thought.
3. (A)Almost 300 million people (B)had visited (C)America’s national parks (D)every year.
4. They (A)have studied English(A) before they went (C)to London.
5. They (A)has got married (B)for 30 years (C)by the end of (D)this month.
6. They (A)will help you (B)whenever you (C)will ask (D)them.
7. (A)When Sam (B)will arrive, he will (C)open (D)the gift.
8. My father (A)has ever told (B)me honestychân thât (C)was (D)the best policy.
9. Did you say (A)that you (B)will have a lot of things (C)to do the (D)following week?
10. (A)When we arrived (B)at (C)the station, the train (D)has already left.
11. (A)Did your doctor (B)recommend you that you (C)will stop (D)smoking?
12. (A) Up to now, there (B)had been (C)no woman (D)being chosen the US president.
13. The neighbors (A)are having a party. They (B)are making so much noise (C)since 6 o’clock. I (D)can’t sleep.
14. (A)Don’t (B)leave the house (C)until I (D)will get back.
15. I (A)was walking along the pavement(B) when I (C)realized that there (D)has been a man following me.
16. Human (A)had struggled (B)against weeds (C)since the beginning (D)of agriculture.
17. Mary (A)said (B)that she (C)do jogging (D)every morning.
Exercise 3: Use the correct tense of verbs in brackets:
1. You may begin when you (be) ready.
2. She said that she (get) married soon.
3. She has told me her name (be) Mary.
4. Do you hear what she (just, say) ?
5. They believe that the police (capture) the thief soon.
6. John (live) in the same house since he left school.
7. The teachers said that the shortest distance between two points (be) a straight line.
8. Bill said that he (lose) his bicycle.
9. Did you hear what she (just, say) ?
10. My father said he (be) here by noon.
11. I didn’t know what time it (be), so I (turn) on the radio.
12. I saw that I (make) a mistake.
13. Mary (have) dinner when her friend called.
14. She says that she (live) in the country when she (be) a child.
15. They hoped that they (end) soon.
16. I was taught that the sun (be) bigger than the moon.
17. She has thought that the work (be) easy.
18. The students had thought that the English test (be) rather difficult.
19. I want to know how long she (live) here.
20. I see that Henry (write) his composition now.
21. I wondered whether I (lock) the door or not.
22. They have found that the road (be) very long.
23. She understood that we (promise) to go.
24. The teacher asked Bill why he (not go) to school the day before.
25. We find that we (take) a wrong way.
26. The boy knew that an hour (have) sixty minutes.
27. I had done that (be) necessary.
28. Shut all the windows before you (go) out.
29. He thinks that it (rain) tonight.
30. I didn’t know who (help) him.
31. Did John say he (call) you again?
32. He is saving his money so that he (take) a long vacation.
33. Tom promised he (not do) it again.
34. He knew that I (come) the following week.
35. This is the house that Jack (build) three years ago.
36. I think John (be) out of town now.
37. I wonder what changes the new President (introduce).
38. Mirs Smith complains that her neighbour (make) too much noise.
39. Miss While swears that she (never see) that man before.
40. The students who answered the question (be) John.
Mời những bạn tải file tài liệu để xem thêm nội dung chi tiết